Subject: Re: [boost] [Test][Thread] Regression since 9 December?
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-12 14:49:19

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/Sandia-gcc-4-4-7-c++0x-boost-bin-v2-libs-atomic-test-atomicity-test-gcc-4-4-7-debug-threading-multi.html

> If the answer was yes, then should the Jamfiles be somehow modified?

Hi,

No the problem generated a compile-time failure as, by the chain of
dependencies, it turned out that static and dynamic link to boost.system was
requested.
The faulty part was an explicit link to the static version of boost.test in
the jamfile while compiling the shared variant. Since both boost.thread and
boost.test depend on chrono (boost.thread directly and boost.test through
timer), it ended up to a clash for the shared variant tests of boost.thread.

See
https://github.com/boostorg/test/commit/1eaffb96ceec82882a4e947c99735a37271ce303
and
https://github.com/boostorg/thread/pull/38

for further information and also for the explanation of why the source files
should be changed.

> Regards,
> Adam

Best,