Subject: Re: [boost] Hi everyone
From: PUNEET KOHLI (puneetkohli521_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-02 17:47:40

Hi Niall,

I did went through the past year projects . Actually i had been looking
through them for more than a week. Honestly, the projects are very
interesting though challenging.What i deduce from my observations is that
certainly very good coding skills are required but the fun fact is the
requirement of the mathematical and algorithmic skills. Most of the
projects are based on mathematics.Mathematics and code mean too much fun.

Though every project is worth working upon following are few that really
attract my interest:
(2013)
-Boost.uBLAS
This project is can be very useful for an end user . There can easily be a
large amount users that could use this library.
-Boost.odeint
It's a great idea to devote a library completely for solving ODEs which in
my view can be extended to other areas of calculus.
Specially the idea of parallelized computation is very good.
The other project on this topic(Implicit Routines) though interests me more
just because i know my way around ODEs. I also learned the fact that this
project has not been accepted in GSOC till this year.
-Boost.ASIO
This is challenging but it's rewarding just because it makes you co-author
of a library.This will certainly be a good experience as it can be great
learning experience.
(2014)
-Boost.Math Generalized Hypergeometric Functions
-Boost.odient
-Boost.xml
(2015)
-Concurrent Hash Tables
This project looks exciting and will be very interesting to work on.

Hey i would also like to like what are the necessary skills(some other
particulars except c,c++ etc) that are required so that i am prepared for
organization and i can prove myself to you.I am really interested in this
organization so if you could just brief me out bit on what direction i (or
even other applicants) must follow.

Thanks,
Puneet Kohli