Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] multiset
From: Ganesh Prasad (sir.gnsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-25 08:40:38

> It is not my intention to deprecate MPL. I'm just looking for some
> meta-programming utilities that can be proposed to the C++ standard.
>
> Vicente

MPL and 'something else which does exactly the same thing' can co-exist
 (?), though users are familiar with MPL.

Metaprogramming can be made easier with an alternative syntax, like Hana
does. But functional is not the only solution. We can try with a Logic
oriented syntax. C++ supports almost every major paradigm out there, except
for logic (like prolog). And wrapping a logic oriented syntax over
metaprograms would actually help programmers to handle complex inheritance
patterns conveniently.

Well, it's just an idea. I had tried with functional syntax (from scratch)
about one year ago. And I have been thinking about a logic oriented syntax
(I had even considered something like JQuery, though I rejected that idea
eventually). It would be great if the logic programming idea could be
acceptable for GSoC, I would be more than happy to work on it. Here is the
link to my attempt at functional syntax over metaprogramming.

https://github.com/GnsP/GNS--META_LISCPP

Also, Bruno C. O. Dutra has worked in a very similar field, in fact he has
already implemented a compile time logic library.

Best Wishes
Ganesh Prasad