Subject: Re: [boost] Running b2 on develop needs asynch-exceptions=on
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 15:02:34

> It probably builds, but then Peter has said that building all of Boost
> with asynch-exceptions is a bad idea.
>
> I still haven't got an authorative answer whether it should be
> Boost.Test that builds with /EHa (so that it
> can catch SEH exception), or whether client code with tests be built
> with /EHa (so that it converts
> SEH exceptions into C++ exceptions) or something else.

I suspect both. Certainly if I build Boost.Test without /EHa I see:

execution_monitor.cpp
1>m:\data\boost\boost\boost\test\impl\execution_monitor.ipp(948):
warning C4535: calling _set_se_translator() requires /EHa

Then if you want it to translate structured exceptions in your test code
you'll need /EHa there as well presumably.

Non-authoritatively yours, John.