Subject: Re: [boost] Running b2 on develop needs asynch-exceptions=on
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 15:07:09

AMDG

On 03/16/2015 12:41 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> I still haven't got an authorative answer whether it should be
> Boost.Test that builds with /EHa (so that it
> can catch SEH exception), or whether client code with tests be built
> with /EHa (so that it converts
> SEH exceptions into C++ exceptions) or something else.

I've looked through the Boost.Test source, and
I /think/ that Boost.Test does not need to
be built with /EHa.

/EHa has two effects:
a) catch(...) will handle SEH exceptions. Boost.Test
   uses __try/__except, so this shouldn't matter.
b) SEH exceptions will unwind the stack properly.
   As far as I can tell, Boost.Test itself doesn't
   put anything critical on the stack before calling
   into user code.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe