Subject: [boost] [WG21 mailing] N4453 Resumable expressions
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-15 09:27:40

I'm finding Chris' paper on resumable expressions instead of compiler
magic created resumable functions awfully compelling:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/n4453.pdf

I essentially proposed the same with my functionally composed
constexpr basic_future design some months ago.

Would anyone else like to comment on this library based instead of
compiler based resumable execution? I'm not against some compiler
support for resumable execution, but I am finding the await based
proposal highly problematic, and Chris does an excellent job in
summarising my own thoughts on what's wrong with it.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/