Subject: Re: [boost] [WG21 mailing] N4453 Resumable expressions
From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-14 05:52:28

On 15-04-2015 15:27, Niall Douglas wrote:
> I'm finding Chris' paper on resumable expressions instead of compiler
> magic created resumable functions awfully compelling:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/n4453.pdf

I too find it compelling, though I'm not knowledgeable enough in this area.

But I guess it will be hard to get traction if there are not proponents
in WG21 willing to support the paper. From the last meeting, it seemed
that one of the EWG comments was that they didn't see how it could be
implemented. Maybe they didn't realize there's a lib emulation already,
or perhaps there is a real problem somewhere. It does seem like no
proponent of this paper was actually at the meeting when the paper was
discussed.

regards

Thorsten