Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-02 15:59:35

> The precedent for handling this is very well understood.

I don't if its that well understood as their seems to be some disagreement.

> If during the early part of review it becomes obvious Rejection votes
> are occurring due to presentation problems, the precedent is to
> withdraw the library from review, make the fixes, and start the
> review again with the fixed edition.

I think that is a huge waste of everyone's time for something as trivial as
moving folders around.

> I think peer reviews are very like academic paper peer reviews:

Except most of the time, its a volunteer effort, so I think its important to
be respectful of everyone's time.

> Not submitting a library in the correct directory structure is
> guaranteed to create problems for some reviewers, and is easily
> predicted before a review begins. Lack of CI testing is another. This
> is why I wrote up that Best Practices Handbook so for C++ 11/14
> libraries we can hopefully get more of the boxes preticked in the
> future before reviews of C++ 11/14 libraries begin.

Perhaps Boost could agree on some minimum list of requirements for a library
before it goes into review, but I doubt it will be same in your Best
Practices
Handbook. However, having some official list can help make this clearer in
the
future.

Paul