Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-announce] [metaparse] Review period starts May 25th and ends June 7th
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-03 05:07:34

On June 2, 2015 3:59:35 PM EDT, Paul Fultz II <pfultz2_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Perhaps Boost could agree on some minimum list of requirements for a
> library
> before it goes into review, but I doubt it will be same in your Best
> Practices
> Handbook. However, having some official list can help make this
> clearer in
> the
> future.

>From http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html:

"A proposed library should remain stable during the review period; it will just confuse and irritate reviewers if there are numerous changes. It is, however, useful to upload fixes for serious bugs right away, particularly those which prevent reviewers from fully evaluating the library. Post a notice of such fixes on the mailing list.

"Library improvements suggested by reviewers should normally be held until after the completion of review period. If the suggested changes might affect reviewer's judgments, post a notice of the pending change on the mailing list."

I think Abel followed this well.

>From http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html:

"The library must come reasonably close to meeting the Guidelines below.

    "Design and Programming
    "Directory Structure
    "Documentation"

There was a problem of not having a link to the top of the docs in the review announcement.

The "Directory Structure" link mentions the directories build, doc, example, src, and test. Here, the library was deficient WRT the submission requirements. Fortunately, a second repository has rectified the issue in plenty of time for reviewers to examine in parallel with the original. That's not ideal, but it is tractable.

At this point, everyone is agreed to proceed, so this will be a lesson for future library submitters and review managers.
___
Rob