Subject: Re: [boost] This AFIO review (was: Re: [afio] AFIO review postponed till Monday)
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-22 17:58:23

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Well I asked here about that a few months ago, and I was told that
> there is precedent for this situation. Apparently historically you
> review the library being presented for review only, mentioning only
> the internal sublibraries if there is something catastrophically
> worrying about them. One then expects the internal sublibraries to be
> spun out into additional Boost libraries presented for review later
> if that is appropriate.
>
> I can tell you that I personally would not be comfortable sending
> AFIO into the main Boost distribution until after Monad has been
> reviewed here, so even if there is a universal unconditional
> acceptance of AFIO by everyone here, I will personally guarantee I
> won't send in a final AFIO until after Monad is reviewed here.

So if AFIO is accepted, but "Monad" and "BindLib" are not, does that mean:
a) They instead become an internal detail of libs/afio?
    (i.e. not libs/monad but libs/afio/monad)
b) You wouldn't want AFIO to become part of Boost?

I mean, reviewers might have a different opinion if accepting AFIO
requires those two libraries must also become part of Boost.

Glen