Subject: Re: [boost] This AFIO review (was: Re: [afio] AFIO review postponed till Monday)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-22 18:21:55

On 22 Aug 2015 at 17:58, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> > I can tell you that I personally would not be comfortable sending
> > AFIO into the main Boost distribution until after Monad has been
> > reviewed here, so even if there is a universal unconditional
> > acceptance of AFIO by everyone here, I will personally guarantee I
> > won't send in a final AFIO until after Monad is reviewed here.
>
> So if AFIO is accepted, but "Monad" and "BindLib" are not, does that mean:
> a) They instead become an internal detail of libs/afio?
> (i.e. not libs/monad but libs/afio/monad)

This is exactly what would happen - they would remain internal
libraries.

In fact, they are already internal libraries:

- Monad lives in boost/afio/monad.

- APIBind lives in boost/afio/bindlib.

You as the external user need not concern yourself with how the
public API is implemented.

I merely stated I personally would not be comfortable sending AFIO
into the main Boost distro until you guys had reviewed Monad. It's
not a prerequisite nor precondition.

> I mean, reviewers might have a different opinion if accepting AFIO
> requires those two libraries must also become part of Boost.

You can accept or reject AFIO without needing to accept or reject any
internal library.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting