Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in adding support for the Bloomberg Standard Library
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-27 17:52:08

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Mathias Gaunard
<mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 27/08/2015 23:12, Robert Ramey wrote:
>>>

>>> Before I make all the necessary changes and do a pull request,
>>

>> pull request for which library? This sounds like you'd like to
>> incorporate BSL into Boost containers. Is that what you mean or
>> something else?
>

>> <snip/>
>>
>> Wouldn't it be more appropriate to make a Bloomberg.Config which would
>> #include <boost/config.hpp> ?
>

> No, I'm talking about Boost supporting BSL as a C++ standard library
> provider, just like libstdc++, libc++, STLport, roguewave, etc.
>
> i.e. adding the option to boost/config/select_stdlib_config.hpp

Did you have a chance to test it with Boost locally? Or, if you have
that knowledge, how compliant that implementation is? How many
libraries other than Boost.Config and Boost.Container are going to be
affected?

I'm asking in order to assess how much trouble that might add to
library maintenance.