Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-07 02:19:47

vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:

> Hi again,
>
> In addition to my last request and in order to be able to write a review,
> I would like to know what exactly has been changed since the first review,
> what was expected after the review summary and what was removed, changed or
> added and what was the rationale.

- performance tests added
- documentation enhanced, e.g. rational, interaction with other
event-loops (incl. asio), fiber::id, async(), integration with async
callbacks, non-blocking I/O, when_all/when_any, customization
- support of parameter packs (variable arguments in fiber's ctor)
- fixed signature of future<R&>::get()
- support of custom schedulers
- support of arbitrary properties (together with custom scheduler)
- fiber migration was removed because of TLS difficulties
- internal context switch moved from coroutines to
execution-context(==fcontext) as requested by you
- performance improved
- API of (un)bounded_channel conforms to concurrent-queue proposal
- evaluation of transactional memory
- fixed usage of std::chrono
- more examples