Subject: Re: [boost] Compiling with Clang 3.7.0 from windows
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-07 05:13:03

Agree with all these objectives, but can I add one more aim that I feel is really quite important.

Doxygen-syntax comments are a good way to document code so that Doxygen or some other tool can
process it to produce C++ Reference documentation automatically.

At present, many libraries use Doxygen (often with Quickbook) to do this. But Doxygen is not a
compiler and its parsing, (though impressive for what it was designed C, FORTRAN and others) is
often somewhat confused by the intensity of templating and meta-templating in many Boost libraries.
An option to use the Clang compiler is under development and close to working - but that will
require that one has a working Clang compiler.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse