Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Fiber mini-review September 4-13
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-08 06:07:18

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Agustín K-ballo Bergé
<kaballo86_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "It is an error to reuse a given condition_variable instance with lock
> objects that reference different underlying mutex objects. It would be like
> a road intersection with traffic lights independent of one another: sooner
> or later a collision will result. "
>
> This states a different *stronger* requirement than the precondition, so
> which is it?

I'll confess to writing that non-normative Note, my attempt to unpack
the Precondition. You are correct that the Note overlooks the case in
which the condition variable becomes idle and is then reused by a
consistent set of waiters on an entirely different mutex. The
Precondition states the actual requirement.