Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_PP array extension proposal
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-10 17:11:28

On 9/10/2015 1:35 PM, Antoine Leblanc wrote:
> Hello to all of you!
>
> A few years ago, I've developped a small extension to BOOST_PP that
> adds a few functions to it. Namely:
> * ARRAY_CAT, which concatenates two BOOST_PP arrays;
> * ARRAY_LOWER_BOUND, which finds the index of the lower bound of an
> item in a given array of numerical values;
> * ARRAY_SORT, which sorts the given array of numerical values;
> * ARRAY_SORT_U, which sorts the given array and remove duplicates.
>
> I'm not sure it'd be worth adding to BOOST_PP; but if you think it
> might be, I'd be happy to submit a merge request. The code is rather
> small and can be browsed at https://github.com/nicuveo/TOOLS_PP
>
> Any suggestion or input is welcome. Thanks for your time!

Given that variadic macros are supported for just about all compilers
now, the Boost PP array is largely obsolete as the Boost PP tuple has
all the functionality which an array has except for the fact that a
tuple can never hold 0 elements while an array can. Therefore I am
trying to phase out the use of Boost PP arrays in favor of Boost PP tuples.

If you change your functionality to work with tuples instead when
variadic macros are being used, and create a PR for it against the Boost
PP 'develop' branch, I would be happy to look at it and merge it into
Boost PP.