Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.GSL?
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-24 14:37:16

On 24 September 2015 at 11:22, David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I floated the idea of including GSL in Boost as a distribution mechanism to
> Bjarne and he said he doesn't have any objection to the idea in principle,
> although he is hesitant to having to go through an extensive review process
> where some of these basic structures would change.
>
> What do you all think? Would it be appropriate and/or desirable to have a
> Boost.GSL library?

I'm leaning against it.

We aren't peer reviewing the library, and have no ability to reject things
we don't like.

IMO, it's already bad enough to be under isocpp, as many people mistakenly
believe this will be C++ Committee approved, even though in reality this
week is the first the committee has heard of it and the committee has never
voted on it.

And then comes the obvious question: if we are hosting the GDL, then Boost
is tacitly approving those new coding guidelines, so shouldn't all new
submissions to Boost follow those guidelines?

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404