Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.GSL?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-24 16:56:16

Le 24/09/15 18:22, David Sankel a écrit :
> As you may or may not know, Bjarne Stroustrup, Herb Sutter, and others have
> announced a new set of C++ guidelines[1] and an accompanying library[2]
> that supports them.
In case your are interested, the presentation from Bjarne is public now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OEu9C51K2A
> For many folks, it would be difficult to incorporate a
> new library into their organizations, but there is a strong desire to make
> use of the guidelines.
>
> I floated the idea of including GSL in Boost as a distribution mechanism to
> Bjarne and he said he doesn't have any objection to the idea in principle,
> although he is hesitant to having to go through an extensive review process
> where some of these basic structures would change.
>
> What do you all think? Would it be appropriate and/or desirable to have a
> Boost.GSL library?

While GSL would be welcome to Boost (after review of course) I don't
think that it will be so useful without the static analysis tool that
will check for the guidelines.

If I understand GSL is hosted under Microsoft organization. I don't
think they will be interested in moving to Boost.

Best,
Vicente