Subject: Re: [boost] Compiler warnings after boost update
From: Auer, Jens (jens.auer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-25 02:43:07

> But, if you're really interested in keeping Boost warning-free, you should put some
> effort into it. Run tests regularly, monitor changes, submit pull requests. Nothing is
> going to change unless someone interested acts.
As I said, I think that there should be a monitoring system, together with an accepted
general warning guideline. The right place to put this would be the boost build server.
I will ask the package providers to create a pull request with their changes, and if they
Don't have time to do so, I will create one.

Isn't it kind of ironic that every serious coding standard emphasizes that code should
compile warning-free at the highest levels, but then the Boost libraries do not appraise this?
Although I don't think that the quality is an issue, but it sets an interesting example.
What I really don't like is that Boost makes it impossible for my code to compile the
warning settings I want. What would you think of a STL delivered with your compiler
that generates warnings?

Cheers,
  Jens