Subject: [boost] [git] Testing and Pushing updates to library
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-30 15:07:14

Hello,

I'm back to Boost after my last commits were in svn and now I need to make sure I do stuff correctly in git/github.

In boost-svn there were trunk for development and release for up-to date release, currently master is what "release branch" is svn
was and develop is what trunk?

Q: Is it correct.

I have several fixes - I pushed them to master branch of Boost.Locale library.

https://github.com/boostorg/locale/compare/26482aa844...ea55386441

I did same for develop (I hope correctly)

Q: Is pushing changes to master it enough to get them into next boost release?

I had some strange behavior of "detached Head" so I needed to create small temporary local branch and than merge it to master...
Q: is it normal? Can't I commit/push directly to master without temporary branch?

Testing - in svn there were regression tests for both release and trunk branches of svn...

Q: What happens now with regression tests I cound't find the information in the wiki.

Thanks.

Artyom Beilis
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.com/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/