Subject: Re: [boost] Problems building Boost libraries for Windows Store when C++/CX is involved
From: Mikael Olenfalk (mikael.olenfalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-09 09:06:12

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir.prus_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 08-Oct-15 10:32 PM, Mikael Olenfalk wrote:
>
> I don't believe this error has anything to do with Boost.Log or content
>>>>>>

> MS got back to me and verified that this is indeed a bug in the setup
>> scripts. I will just verify the workaround and then try to come up with
>> patch for boost.build. Without promising anything I expect a fix to be
>> shipped with Update 1.
>>

> Great, thanks for clarifying the situation. Is there some public URL where
> progress of the
> bug is tracked, or it's behind closed doors?

It is tracked internally, I haven't heard of a public bug report. I can ask
them to provide one if you want to but they sounded very confident this
will be solved in U1. Given that U1 CTP was just released I will ask and
verify.

However it seems like the command line tools in VS2015 only support
targeting UWP (and WP8.1) so we might need to take that into consideration
when making a fix, refer this table I got from one of the people I have
been talking with:

*App Platform*

*Toolset*

*Win SDK*