Subject: Re: [boost] Demand for Boost libraries - was Math tools polynomial enhancements
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-02 12:09:18

> Not even the boost review process insists that library authors use
> concepts in their documentation - and this has been around since the
> original SGI documentation from 1995 - 20 years ago. CPP Reference
> uses concepts - but very little other documentation does.

True, but for template code doing so (and testing with concept
archetypes etc) is nearly always very instructive IMO.

I feel the need less for overload resolution based on concepts, although
every now and then I have a need for "this function accepts any
container of integers" or some such. Even then, type_traits + enable_if
get surprisingly close.

John.