Subject: Re: [boost] Demand for Boost libraries - was Math tools polynomial enhancements
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-02 09:54:10

On 11/1/15 9:30 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> Perhaps because "concepts" are not part of C++ and unless concepts
> become codified Boost authors have nothing to work with in adding
> "concepts" to their library.

Sure they have something to work with. The Boost Concepts Checking
library has been available since 2002 !!!

And nothing would prevent library authors from including concepts in
their documentation.

This of course is my main point. If no one is interested in using
what's currently available, how is making something else available going
to make a difference?

Not even the boost review process insists that library authors use
concepts in their documentation - and this has been around since the
original SGI documentation from 1995 - 20 years ago. CPP Reference uses
concepts - but very little other documentation does.

Robert Ramey