Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-11 11:19:00

On 1/11/2016 12:47 PM, Louis Dionne wrote:
> Agustín K-ballo Bergé <kaballo86 <at> hotmail.com> writes:
>

>> On 1/10/2016 7:51 PM, Louis Dionne wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> It's not just about extra space. Source control is for _source_ files, not
>>> generated stuff. I don't want generated files to appear in the commit
>>> history of a code branch (but another branch like gh-pages is fine).
>>
>> By way of example, this is the kind of noise committing generated
>> documentation can yield:
>> https://github.com/boostorg/hana/commit/e471106dc850ad72f7abaf442b35
>
> Just to make it clear; this is on the `gh-pages` branch of Hana, which is
> automatically updated by the CI script. I think Agustin's goal was to show
> how messy these commits can be, and why they should most likely not be mixed
> with usual code commits. Agustin, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

You are correct. In order to discuss Boost-wide policies one first has
to understand how it could affect individual libraries. I'm under the
impression that participants in this thread speak from their own
libraries' point of view exclusively, when each tool has different costs
and tradeoffs.

Regards,

--
Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-