Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc16] Boost rejected as GSoC 2016 org
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-01 14:11:58

On 1 Mar 2016 at 9:26, Robert Ramey wrote:

> > We heard back. Google's explanation is simply that they like to give
> > a year off to particularly successful and long running GSoC orgs in
> > order to make space for new orgs, and they hope we apply again next
> > year.
>
> well, they could have mentioned this before boost went to the effort!!!
> Very cheesy and unprofessional.

I think it's more a case of the dice rolling and we turned up.

I got the distinct impression from their reply Google wishes to give
a year off to every veteran GSoC org beginning from last year, with a
chunk being given a year off each year from now on.

Basically, when it's your turn, it's your turn. If we weren't
rejected this year, it would have been next year.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/