Subject: Re: [boost] Attention library authors.. Library requirements testing is now active.
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-15 21:15:44

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Louis Dionne <ldionne.2_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > Rene Rivera <grafikrobot <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >

> Is your CI triggered whenever a submodule is synced to boostorg/boost?
> > If so, there's going to be quite a bit of redundant testing being done,
> > and since all of boostorg is sharing the same Travis resources (I think),
> > that could quickly become a problem. Is this a valid concern?
> >

> As for sharing resources.. I do believe they are shared across all Boost
> repos. But we wont be limited to Travis. And there's the possibility of
> paying for extra resources. And eventually I hope we can turn our existing
> custom testers into a CI pool also.

This was discussed a bit last year when I was presenting my proposal for
testing resources for the current system to the steering committee. I
believe the general feeling was that they would love to see CI to the point
where we need more Travis (or other) resources, and would entertain
proposals once that happened.

Tom