Subject: [boost] Extending Boost.Python with NumPy support
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-09-30 11:55:59

Hello,

I'm presently working on a few improvements to the Boost.Python module.
As part of this I'm refactoring the numeric API to actually support
NumPy. There has been quite a lot of effort we put into this in the past
(notably a GSoC project I mentored a few years ago), but we never
managed to include this into the Boost master branch, so it's never been
formally released.

As I'm now getting ready to polish this work off, I wonder whether any
of this would require a formal submission as a new Boost library, or
whether it can just be done under the Boost.Python umbrella ? I reckon
this is somewhat of a gray area, so I'd like to clarify whether there
are concrete rules for what changes / additions require a formal review
process.

Thanks,

        Stefan