Subject: Re: [boost] Extending Boost.Python with NumPy support
From: Rob Stewart (rstewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-02 05:54:42

On September 30, 2016 11:55:59 AM EDT, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I wonder whether any
> of this would require a formal submission as a new Boost library, or
> whether it can just be done under the Boost.Python umbrella ? I reckon
> this is somewhat of a gray area, so I'd like to clarify whether there
> are concrete rules for what changes / additions require a formal
> review process.

The maintainer gets to decide:

"You are free to change your library in any way you wish, and you are encouraged to actively make improvements. However, peer review is an important part of the Boost process and as such you are also encouraged to get feedback from the boost community before making substantial changes to the interface of an accepted library."

(From http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html#Maintainer)

--
Rob
(Sent from my portable computation device.)