Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Request for Discussion
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-10-01 20:20:04

> On Sep 23, 2016, at 9:58 AM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Beast provides low level HTTP and WebSocket interfaces built on
> Boost.Asio, the project is here:
> https://github.com/vinniefalco/Beast
> The plan is to solicit feedback from the Boost community before
> submitting a request for a formal review.

The library looks nice, I tried to run the tests and install it using cmake and it both failed.

Also, looking at the cmake, it looks like you use coroutines. I would prefer not to have an HTTP library that depends on Boost.Context due to portability issues(the author refuses to support mingw).

Thanks,
Paul