Subject: Re: [boost] [process] Formal Review starts today, 27 October
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-11-20 17:00:30

On 21/11/2016 07:14, Seth wrote:
> On 20-11-16 17:52, Bjorn Reese wrote:
>> If you support asio::async_result, then you get all sorts
>> of integration, including with coroutines and fibers, for free.
>
> I'm very curious about this, because I'm currently designing a good
> async framework for our backend software. Me too I've been trying to get
> the most flexible implementation with the least amount of code.
>
> Is there a pointer to a bit of documentation that shows how
> `async_result` gets coroutine support "for free" - or perhaps an
> existing example if the docs don't exist?

+1. I tried this once in the past (with an earlier version of Boost)
but documentation on how to create from-scratch async operations was
very poor. It also required way too much boilerplate, from what I could
see. (And relies on using detail classes, which is usually a no-no for
external code.)

I haven't really been following the standards track but I'm hopeful that
the network/async/whatever TS ends up better documented. :)