Subject: Re: [boost] Boost licensing information
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-04-15 18:08:47

I can't help myself bike shedding that clause 8 looks to have less complete no-liability.

"Except in the cases of wilful misconduct or damages directly caused to natural persons, the Licensor will in no event
be liable..."

IANAL, but might look as though - If someone dies from a life-support software malfunction, the author is on the hook? (Damage to
'un-natural persons' are exempted I note ;-)

It looks like a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it to me".

If your lawyers can't be bothered to read or translate the Boost license, or don't like it - tough?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse