Subject: Re: [boost] Encoding address-model in library names
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-05 22:32:52

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Because they could use distinct installation prefixes to avoid conflicts.

As a developer working primarily on Windows who regularly builds both
32-bit and 64-bit address models, its a hassle to have different
installation prefixes. There's no "standard" place for link libraries
on Windows so I have to define BOOST_ROOT in my environment. There's
no provision for having two different BOOST_LIBRARYDIR one for 32-bit
and one for 64-bit. I end up having to manually edit my project file
every time.

Have you encountered this problem on Windows when trying to build the
same application using both 32-bit and 64-bit boost variations?