Subject: Re: [boost] Posts not appearing on Boost Mailman
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-14 11:36:12

Le 13.08.17 à 20:57, Marshall Clow via Boost a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Just an FYI --
>
> When you post though gmane, your posts show up as not coming from the email
> address that you are subscribed from. That means that you get dumped into
> the moderation queue.
>
> This can delay your post appearing to the rest of the ML.
>
> (This is [probably] not an answer to your question, but a heads up)
>
> -- Marshall (who saw - and approved - your message in the moderation queue)

That sounds like good explanation. When I reply, Thunderbird is
configured with the same email address as the one I have subscribed to
the list.

If I understand well, this is the gmane<->boost ML interface that is
scrambling the email addresses, and maybe causing those issues, is that
right?

BTW, I do not want to add more work on the moderators shoulders, and I
thought that replying directly to the news.gmane.org via news/nntp is a
good and proper way to interact with the ML.

I am happy to switch my workflow to whatever is good and works ok. OTOH,
being able to use nntp client is really great.

Raffi