Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-04 22:15:06

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Bjorn Reese via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If our community goals includes being an incubator for some C++ library
> proposals, then we should not evaluate Boost candidate libraries
> strictly on the merit of whether or not I personally can use this
> library for my own projects.

Yes our goals include "road testing" libraries that are intended for
standardization. But as part of that it is also a goal to gate-keep what is
useful to the C++ community. Which is why part of the review process
involves getting community "approval" to even put a library in the review
queue. So it's not out of the realm to question if something is useful even
as late as the review itself. Because after all usability defines who uses
the library. And hence what the library ought to do.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything