Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] Status of cmake support.
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-23 16:43:03

On 2/23/18 2:35 AM, Hans Dembinski via Boost wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> On 21. Feb 2018, at 03:42, P F via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> That is correct. I have built a collection cmake modules to aid in building cmake scripts. We are looking for a review manager for this, as the original manager will not be able to. In the mean time, I have done an initial implementation of cmake across boost, as a proof-of-concept. After the cmake modules are accepted in boost, the goal would be to integrate these initial cmake files across boost after author’s modifications.
>
> I would be happy to fill the role of review manager for BCM, although I am not sure if I fulfil the criterion of an "active boost member" already
> http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html#Review_Manager
>
> If that refers to someone who maintains a library in boost, I do not pass. If it includes someone who has been around for a while, participated in discussions, submitted a patch to boost (I admit, it was a really small one), and has a proposed library in the review queue, then I could do it.

Personally, I'm thinking an active boost member is someone who has spent
significant time interacting on the mailing lists and whose posts
demonstrate the appropriate temperament, detachment, maturity, C++ and
other technical competence. I'm no sure how to assess though. My only
idea would be for those who have some opinion and/or knowledge on the
potential reviewer to send a private email to ron garcia - our long
time, well respected review wizard who schedules the reviews.

In general, I would like to encourage wider participation in boost by
those who may not be able to justify the commitment that making a
library requires. An example of a "good thing" is the github PR system
which has permited many more people to make small but very valuable
contributions.