Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC 18 Enhancing Boost.Intrusive Library
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-21 06:15:50

> Proposal
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rmvzq4nqsu-qEfiTbhWhSxP
> I31RVHoYGadbMJ7urk4Q/edit?usp=sharing>

Could you upload your implementation of suffix tree and generalized suffix
tree to some source code versioning tool (Github is enough, but you're free
to use others)?

You mentioned that you used Boost libraries before, but it sounds to me
that you aren't used to writing Boost style code (not really a problem,
don't worry). It doesn't sound to me that you're very familiar with git
either (don't worry, this is a easy skill to learn). Maybe you should get
less greedy in the first half of the time spent on the project so you can
accommodate changes based on feedback you most likely is going to receive.
You can arrange such time by moving part of the features you were willing
to implement into a “Features if I finish my schedule earlier” section.

What do you mean by testing against Python for stability? You do not make
it clear why the use of Python will give confidence on your implementation?
Will you plug your implementation into Python so you can use Python unit
tests against your code? It that it? Besides, what's your plan to these
tests? Benchmark per si can be a hard task and there are some programmers
who will go to great lengths in such tasks. I'd like to have more details:
will you provide a python script that I can run on my machine? will you run
some programs on your machine locally and share the results?

I don't like that you only reserve one day to document each complete data
structure. Documentation can get tricky specially with templates involved
and you only have experience with

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/