Subject: [boost] [gsoc]Mentor searching for tensors support
From: Jiawei Jiang (jwjiang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-26 05:57:10

Hi community,
I'm Jiawei Jiang, a graduate from Uchicago. I'm trying to find a mentor for
GSoC(uBLAS, precanned project2). Here's the rough idea of my proposal:
I divide the project to 3 parts.
First, completion of class structure. As a extension of n-d array
structure, basic lookup and modification functions(size, resize, insert,
etc.), operator overloadings(+, *, ==...) and iterator interfaces must be
implemented.
Second, specialization for special tensors. Take 2-order tensors, matrix as
an example. Many useful algorithms are implemented specifically to sparse
matrix. So it's even worthy to change storing structures for sparse matrix
to fit in those operation and algorithms. Similiar cases occur in
high-order tensors.
Last part is algorithms. Though after completion of iterator inferfaces, we
can already call a lot of stl/boost algorithms, some specializations can be
a choice. For examle, if we want to calculate the sum of values in n-order
tensors, we need call "accumulate" for n times(well, maybe not a big
codeload using generic lambdas but still a repetitive work, right?) And of
course, other particular algorithms for high-order tensors is a work to
complete, such as lowing/rasing index for tensors.

My programming competency test:

*https://github.com/awesomejiang/matrix
<https://github.com/awesomejiang/matrix>*

I shared my proposal draft in GSoC website and post a message in
boost-uBLAS yesterday and got no response, is it too late to find mentors
now?
Or someone still has interest in mentoring me? Glad to hear any feedbacks!:)

Best regards,
Jiawei Jiang