Subject: Re: [boost] clang-win, again
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-10-26 12:05:06

On 10/26/2018 7:35 AM, degski via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 11:44, Edward Diener via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>

> In order to get forward at all, we need to:
>
> 1. Forget about GCC! It's got nothing to do with GCC.
> 2. Don't call clang++.exe in the config file, as this invokes the incorrect
> [linux] jam.file [as confirmed by Peter].

This entire thread was started because using clang-cl with clang-win did
not work for the OP. I have expressed the opinion that I have gotten
clang targeting vc++, which you insist is not clang-cl in any way even
though it uses the vc++ headers and libraries, to mostly work, except
for some linking issues over a number of releases of clang, when testing
Boost libraries.

If you have a setup under Boost using clang-cl and clang-win that works
in your testing of Boost libraries please present that setup in the form
of jamfile code. Otherwise we are discussing this to no purpose. The
latest correspondent asked in this thread for some setup that would work
and I gave to him what works for me best using clang.