Subject: Re: [boost] [parameter] Go C++11 and above only, or keep C++03 support?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-11-03 14:24:58

On 11/3/18 4:49 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>
>> I'm not adamantly against it, not to the point I would rewrite
>> Boost.Log just to stay C++03 compatible.
>
> Going that far may be unnecessary; we could just fork a `parameter03` so
> that C++03 libraries can keep using it.

Technically, this is a possibility. Practically, I don't think this
would be good for Boost.Parameter users. The forks will have to have
separate interfaces to not clash. Then there are interoperability issues.

No, if we definitely don't want to preserve C++03 compatibility then
let's just switch to C++11 in (the only) Boost.Parameter and declare
downstream libraries C++11 as well.