Subject: Re: [boost] Executable files in Boost git repostories
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-04 13:03:35

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:03 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, I'm in favor of adding some sort of a server-side git hook. For
> that all script files need to have an appropriate extension so that they
> can be whitelisted to have an executable permission. Though I'm not sure
> how server-side git hooks work with GitHub.

I don't think there's anything like git server-side hooks. Best you can do
is write a GitHub Application. As otherwise it's all client side hooks.
Other option is to add these checks to the regular library conformance
testing <
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/boost_check_library.py

--
-- Rene Rivera