Subject: Re: [boost] Let's discuss dropping support for msvc <= 9.0 (2008), gcc < 4.6, clang < 3.4
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-12 23:07:39

AMDG

On 12/12/2018 03:35 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> On 12/12/18 12:53 PM, stefan via Boost wrote:

>>> By the same token, testers can test whatever they want to.  That is,
>>> that is most useful to them.
>>
>> What is your point ?
>
> I don't think we have the means or authority to "drop testers" so I
> don't think we need to spend time trying to reach a consenus on it

Testers for 'master' are whitelisted, so they
actually can be dropped (Note that I'm not suggesting
that this is desirable, only that there are no
technical difficulties.).

Also it's not like we have no influence over the
testers. It's just that instead of deciding by
consensus, we would need to convince Tom and Ion.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe