Subject: Re: [boost] Let's discuss dropping support for msvc <= 9.0 (2008), gcc < 4.6, clang < 3.4
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-12-13 03:17:15

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 5:07 PM Steven Watanabe via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 12/12/2018 03:35 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> >> What is your point ?
> >
> > I don't think we have the means or authority to "drop testers" so I
> > don't think we need to spend time trying to reach a consenus on it
> >

> Testers for 'master' are whitelisted, so they
> actually can be dropped (Note that I'm not suggesting
> that this is desirable, only that there are no
> technical difficulties.).
>
> Also it's not like we have no influence over the
> testers. It's just that instead of deciding by
> consensus, we would need to convince Tom and Ion.

I'm convinced.

I've just updated my tester scripts to remove:
msvc-8.0, msvc-9.0
gcc-4.4, gcc-4.5
clang-3.0, clang-3.1, clang-3.2, clang-3.3
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-build/commit/c6127f2af75cb35c5d25b6494ac3d4ad4a540e21

Additionally, I've updated the windows binary release build scripts to
remove:
msvc-8.0, msvc-9.0
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-release-windows/commit/5e31fa27cccb08095947e48c6a1bda61e6e056e3

Tom