Subject: Re: [boost] question about GSoC 2019
From: Damian Vicino (damian_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-03-18 00:28:14

HI Aziz,

* First : to be involve in this event if I don't have my own idea should I
> choose one project form the list like boost.GIL or boost.uBLAS as all or
> should choose a specific project inside one of them like project 1, or
> project 2

You can chose from the list. However, part of the purpose of the proposal
is showing that you know what you getting into, so you should use them as
guide and extend with further details and proposals of how to tackle the
mentioned problems before submitting. The proposal, once approved, will be
the approval criteria of the program, so be specially clear of the scope of
what you plan to achieve, and its timeline.

> * second: if I choose project in boost.uBLAS should I be professional in
> machine learning? because I am still in the start of road in this field but
> I am work on it and will make progress as soon as possible

You should ask about this to the candidate mentors for the projects you
considering.

> * third : is there any thing should I do or submit before the student
> registration opens in GSoC website ?

You can contact candidate mentors for early feedback on the proposal, for
questions, and for submitting the aptitude test. However, it is not
required.