From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-10-23 13:03:02

On 10/22/19 10:25 PM, Emil Dotchevski via Boost wrote:

> What I mean is that your users would appreciate that your library has one
> fewer dependencies.

I understand this an agree with this. But I think it's because our
management of dependencies needs more insight, work and new ideas. Huge
progress has been made with source control, online code repositories,
better documentation (spotty) etc. But we still have problems in
managing linkage, abi compatibiilty, versioning, compile switches,
portability etc. which makes it seem more convenient to just copy the
code right into one's project. So the users aren't wrong, we just
haven't been able to give them what they need to convince them to avoid
doing this.

Robert Ramey