From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-06 22:35:10

Le vendredi 06 mars 2020 à 16:51 +0100, Dominique Devienne via Boost a
écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 12:50 PM Janson R. via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I have recently been working on a C++ compression library very
> > similar
> > to zlib after trying to implement some HTTP compression support
> > over
> > Boost.Beast and realizing after some discussion with sir Falco that
> > while it would be a nice builtin feature for Beast, it would
> > possibly be
> > a better idea to have zlib-like compression be a separate library
> > in
> > order to be properly maintainable and likely more useful.
> > Do you thing that this could be useful to have as its own entity in
> > the
> > Boost environment? Any kind of feedback on the idea and the library
> > is
> > warmly welcome.
>
> (As someone who had to recently peek into the zlib C source code...)
>
> Hi. I'd very much welcome a clean pure C++ implementation of basic
> deflate compression,
> because the C code I saw did not give me a warm and buzzy feeling,
> honestly.

+1. Same feeling here. A decent c++ api for dealing with zlib
compression, and on top of that zip format would indeed be very useful.
Current options sucks (about 15 years ago, i had to develop (closed)
code to read and write some zip files. I ran into the same need a few
months ago, just to see nothing has improved in this regard).

Regards,

Julien