From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-24 16:25:45

On 24/03/2020 13:58, Jeff Garland via Boost wrote:
> In the regression tables the following warnings are coming out of math
> config. I'm trying to understand what this means given that 1) the tests
> compile and execute fine, 2) the deadline is up, and 3) several of the
> cases are compiled in c++11 mode (is it pre conformance bc it's
> clang3.4?). I've seen this warning in other places that include
> lexical_cast as well. So sure I could go and define the macro to quiet
> this, but seems like that should be done closest to the source. In other
> words maybe math should only tell us that in headers that have a real
> issue? Or will this soon be a real issue?

Well it will be a real issue in a year from now when we being removing
C++03 support - it may be that lexical_cast's dependencies have nothing
that will actually break (but I would need to check that), or that as a
temporary measure we could continue to support C++03 in selected
sub-parts if there is real demand for it.

Question: will anyone care about clang-3.4 a year from now given that
we're currently on clang-9 ?

John.