From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-26 08:50:19

Hi,

as Boost.Nowide is now release ready and will be included in the 1.73
release I wanted to announce that I'm planning to require C++11 for
anything after.

There are a few minor things which need different other libs of Boost
for C++98 support and given the age of C++11 support in especially MS
compilers I want to reduce the dependencies to (almost) nothing. I say
"MS compilers" because this is a Windows-centric lib and will most
likely most often be used with MSVC.

However I'll evaluate supporting even some older MSVC versions making
some C++11 features optional if possible.

Best Regards,
Alexander Grund