From: Rainer Deyke (rdeyke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-02 14:44:20

On 01.12.23 17:25, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost wrote:
> I thought that Boost was supposed to be an "extended Standard Library",

That hasn't been the case since Boost.Python, which has been with us
since Boost 1.19.

> containing:
> 1. Portability fixes
> 2. Implementing missing language features
> 3. Vocabulary types (I consider Boost.ASIO one)
> 4. Frequently used components
> 5. Ground-breaking designs and ideas

> Async.MQTT5 doesn't fit into any of these categories. (Neither does
> Boost.AEDIS or Boost.MySql.)

MQTT is at least an open standard with multiple implementations, which
is more than can be said for Redis or MySQL or even Python. (Alternate
Python implementations exist, but Boost.Python only interfaces with the
official Python implementation.)

--
Rainer Deyke (rainerd_at_[hidden])