From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-15 10:15:46

On 2/15/24 05:01, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 5:14 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> ...the Boost project, which is (at least, legally) represented by Boost
> Foundation
>
> What does it mean that "the Boost project is legally represented by
> Boost Foundation?" Can you give historical examples of this
> representation? Or future scenarios?

This means, if there was a law suit involving the Boost project, Boost
Foundation would be the entity representing Boost in court. I believe
there was at least one instance when Boost Foundation represented Boost
in legal communications:

https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/09/249666.php

I'm not a member of the Boost Foundation, so I can't tell you whether
there were other similar instances. You should ask the Foundation, if
you're interested.

Aside from that, as Glen confirmed, Boost Foundation owns crucial
material resources that allow the Boost project to run.