From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-16 19:14:59

On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 11:05 AM René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <
grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 1:01 PM David Sankel <camior_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 10:55 AM René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <
> grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> Has the Boost Foundation enforced licensing of the current logo? If
> >> so, can you give an example of what that was?
> >

> > Fortunately, at least in my time on the board, it hasn't been an issue.
> You never need these things up until the moment you do.
>
> So.. The reason I asked is because, AFAIK, it would not be possible
> for the Boost Foundation to do such enforcement. As the rights for the
> logo are still with the original author. Hence I'm a bit confused why
> the change is a requirement now.

I don't know the history of the current logo or if the copyright was
assigned to the Software Freedom Conservancy at the time. The Software
Freedom Conservancy assigned all Boost-related IP to the Boost Foundation
when the latter was formed. This is just a good practice and assignment was
always the plan for the new logo at least since May of 2022. Now I'm
hearing otherwise.